It has never been a better time to buy an inflatable stand up paddle board. The passion for the water sport and hobby is growing at an impressive rate and the industry is more competitive than ever.
The newest iSUPs are faster, tougher and lighter than what you would have gotten a couple of years ago.
There is an almost overwhelming variety of iSUPs to choose from. To make things easier for you, we compiled a list of outstanding inflatable paddle boards at different price points and with different features.
Whether you are a fan of SUP yoga, fishing, cruising or white water paddling, we’ve got you covered with our top 8 picks for 2018!
Top 8 iSUP’s of 2018
PEAK Inflatable Stand Up Paddle Board
The PEAK iSUP, developed by ISLE Surf, is the perfect board for all-around paddlers. Be it fishing, SUP yoga, light surfing or just cruising around, this package will cater to your need for water adventures. Its 10’6″ length gives it just the right size to keep you on course during long tracking paddles while being short enough to let you show off your pivot turns.
When fully inflated the PEAK iSUP feels so tough you’ll forget you even had to pump it up.
With a comprehensive package including paddle, carry Backpack, coil leash and a high pressure pump, you’ll want to get out on the water as soon as you get this beauty.
Its military grade PVC build with drop stitching will have you covered against any scratch you can get out in the wild.
The PEAK inflatable paddle board will easily hold up to 300 pounds on lower waves and its easy-to-grip surface will help you keep your balance while paddling.
- Inflated size is 10′ 6″ long x 31″ wide x 6″ thick
- Up to 300 pounds of payload on lower waves
- One-year warranty on materials and a 30-day returns policy
- Ultra durable military grade PVC construction with drop stitching
- At only 23 pounds when deflated, it’s one of the lightest out there!
Atoll Inflatable Stand Up Paddle Board
The Atoll iSUP is surprisingly light for its size and capacity of up to 300 pounds. It’s in fact 30% lighter than comparable models. Your body will thank you when you get to the water and you haven’t wasted your strengths on carrying the board around (more paddle, less hassle!). This gives the Atoll a huge versatility and makes it perfect for both the heavy weight paddler looking for a lightweight board, and the lightweight paddler looking for extra deck space without adding to their load.
But why is this iSUP so light and at the same time so tough?
The Atoll paddle board is built with a dual-layer, ultra-light PVC, rather than one thick layer. This bold design gives the board its signature combination of lightweight and toughness. It measures 11’0’’ long, 32’’ wide and 6’’ thick. On top of its long, wide deck, the tri-fin design gives it an extra level of stability and efficiency during tracking.
A huge plus of buying the Atoll iSUP is the super light and adjustable aluminum alloy paddle (weighing only 2 pounds and 2 ounces!).
- Inflated size is 11′ long x 32″ wide x 6″ thick
- 30% lighter than similar iSUPs thanks to its dual-layer ultra light PVC build
- Max capacity of 300 pounds capacity on low waves
- Includes lightweight adjustable aluminum alloy paddle
- Atoll Board Co. offers a two-year manufacturer’s warranty on the board’s materials.
back to menu ↑
PathFinder Inflatable Stand Up Paddle Board
Looking for an affordable, yet reliable paddle board to go out in the water once in a while? The PathFinder iSUP has you covered! This board will certainly not disappoint the casual paddler. You can trust this Vilano Bikes package to do its job whether it is on a lake, river or at the beach.
Being smaller than average, the PathFinder can withstand about 240 pounds. This capacity is still enough to fit most paddlers and some can even add extra weight (your beer cooler or your oversized puppy). Despite being incredibly affordable, it has the highly resistant PVC you would expect in high-end iSUPs. Plus, having a multi-layer drop stitch, you can be confident it won’t blow up when filing it up to its max capacity.
As with most paddle board packages, you won’t need to make any additional purchases to get started paddling as soon as you get it.
- Inflated size is 9’9” long x 30″ wide x 5″ thick
- Holds up to 240 pounds on low waves
- All accessories included. Get it and start paddling!
- Highly versatile: ride it on lakes, rivers, beaches, etc.
- VERY affordable.
ISLE Airtech Inflatable Explorer Stand Up Paddle Board
If Columbus had sailed to America on a paddle board, he would have probably used ISLE’s Airtech Inflatable Explorer iSUP. Jokes aside, the Airtech is a sturdy, rugged-looking paddle board that just begs for adventure. Its 6-inch thick design gives it enough volume to easily float about 275 pounds. Just about enough to bring your camping gear on board.
Many other paddle boards can float a similar weight or even more. So what makes the ISLE Airtech iSUP the best package for seasoned explorers? Its front and rear bungees and the 3 grab handles along the board make it much more convenient to secure all of your camping gear to the board. In addition, the tri-fin set-up will help you stay on track while paddling on rivers and any other environment for that matter.
You’ll get the the full package with the ISLE Airtech paddle board. Make sure you have all the right gear for your adventure and get going!
- Two sizes: 11’ long x 32” wide x 6” thick and 12′ long x 32” wide x 6” thick
- Holds up to 275 pounds and 300 pounds respectively
- Convenient front and rear bungees and 3 grab handles for extra gear
- Tri-fin setup perfect for tracking
- ISLE offers a 30-day guarantee + 1-year warranty on materials
Sportsstuff 1030 Adventure Inflatable Stand Up Paddle Board
The Spoststuff 1030 Adventure SUP is easily one of the best deals in the market right now. This affordable paddle board comes fully equipped with a removable seat, an adjustable paddle, high-pressure hand pump and pressure gauge, board leash a mesh backpack. The paddle board weighs an impressively light 27 pounds when deflated, and it can carry up to 250 pounds.
Despite being only 4 inches thick, the Sportstuff is known for being the most durable SUP with this size. Even with its low volume, it has a strong enough float that it manages to carry over 250 pounds firmly. Its 10’6” length gives the paddler a high level of versatility and the anti-skid EVA pads give allow for a secure footing on the board..
Another huge plus of buying the Sportstuff iSUP is the accessories that come included in the package. Worthy of mention are the removable seat that will turn your paddleboard into a kayak, and the backpack with a mesh that allows your iSUP to dry while its packed.
- Inflated size is 10’6” long x 30” wide x 4” thick
- Supports up to 250 pounds despite being only 4″ thick
- Includes all usual accessories, plus a convenient removable seat
- Backpack with mesh allows deflated SUP to dry while packed
- Anti-skid EVA pad guarantee secure footing
Tower Adventurer 2 Inflatable Stand Up Paddle Board
You can’t get anything stronger than a Tower Adventurer 2 unless you buy a fiberglass SUP. This iSUP is simply the toughest you can get. Damaging one of these or even getting a scratch or dent on it is going to be quite a challenge. So if you are looking for the most durable, resistant and reliable inflatable SUP in the market, stop looking and buy the Tower Adventurer 2 SUP package.
Not convinced? Keep reading and learn why you should buy one.
The Tower Adventurer 2 is seemingly built with the industry standard materials and techniques: a military-grade PVC with drop stitch construction. However, Tower Boards seems to have gotten the design of this one better than most other boards in the market. Experts and amateurs alike consider it to be one of the toughest iSUPs money can buy.
In addition to its toughness and durability, the Tower Adventurer SUP withstands an impressive 350 pounds! Although you can fully inflate it up to 25 PSI, its rigid and functional at only 12 PSI.
The Tower Adventurer SUP package includes a premium 3-piece fiberglass paddle, a fin and a hand pump.
- Inflated size is 10’4” long x 30” wide x 6” thick
- Military-grade PVC and drop stitch construction make it one of the toughest iSUPs money can buy
- Weighs only 25 pounds when deflated!
- Ideal for tough conditions: rapids, surfing, etc.
Vilano Journey Inflatable Stand Up Paddle Board
The Vilano Journey SUP offers a very convenient mixture of affordability, versatility and toughness. You can easily get by with it on any environment, whether it’s rapids, lakes or open sea. And all of this for a very competitive price.
So what else makes the Vilano Journey paddle board worth buying?
If you like your sharp sharp pivots you will love the fact that the Vilano Journey is only 9′ 9″ long. In addition, the board deck features a diamond grooved pattern to maximize your traction. On the deck you will also find D-rings and a bungee rope in front for easy storage.
The paddle board measures only 1’ by 3’ so you won’t have a problem storing it in the free backpack included in the package.
- Inflated size is 9’9” long x 30” wide x 5” thick
- Ideal length for pivot turns
- D-rings and a bungee rope in front for easy storage
- Package includes: pump with integrated pressure gauge, 3-piece aluminum paddle, removable carry strap and backpack
- 1-year manufacturer’s warranty covers workmanship and materials
iRocker Inflatable Stand Up Paddle Board
If you are looking for a rock-solid iSUP to cruise around and relax, the iRocker SUP has you covered. Whether you want to do yoga, fish, or just chill out, the iRocker offers an unparalleled level of stability. Add to that other high-end features, and you will realize that the iRocker paddle board will not disappoint you.
What makes this board so incredibly stable is the extra wide deck with 33 inches. Another feature that makes this amazing board perfect for the laid-back paddler is its 350-pound capacity, meaning you won’t have to stress about choosing between your fishing gear and your beer cooler: bring it all along!
A lightweight, adjustable , fiberglass paddle is included in the package, as well as a dual-action hand pump, comfortable backpack and ankle leash.
- Inflated size is 10’6” long x 33” wide x 6” thick
- An impressive 350-pound weight limit!
- Outstanding balance: perfect for yoga, fishing and laid-back cruising
- High quality fiberglass adjustable paddle included
- 2-year manufacturer warranty (!)
Now it’s up to you to choose the best SUP to fill your needs. Whether that is SUP yoga, fishing, cruising or white water paddling, we
Which is your favorite? Let us know in the comments!