Who is Stand Up Paddle Board Guide?
Hi, I’m Sam. I’ve been an avid stand up paddle boarder for the past 15 years. Over the past few years I’ve seen the SUP industry change tremendously. When I first started there were only a handful of manufactures and a very limited selection. Nowadays, you have a wide variety of both rigid and inflatable standup paddle boards which can make finding the best one challenging.
I started this blog to share my extensive knowledge of stand up paddle boarding with you. I’ve traveled all over the world and paddle boarded in some of the most amazing, picturesque places you can imagine. It is my hope that you will learn about SUP and be able to share your own paddle board adventures with me.
What I Write About:
- The best unbiased product reviews of best rigid and inflatable stand up paddle board reviews on the net.
- Comprehensive guides to the top SUP gear and accessories.
- Exclusive iSUP deals and coupons.
- Beginners guides and tutorials for newcomers to stand up paddle boarding.
- Coverage on the best places in the world to go paddle boarding.
What's So Special About Stand Up Paddle Boarding?
The popularity of stand up paddle boarding is booming! With the invention of inflatable paddle boards the sport has really sky rocketed! Whether you are just going for a cruise or doing it for sport, stand up paddle boarding is a great hobby. There are many benefits to stand up paddle boarding. Aside from being able to relax and explore the water, stand up paddle boarding has many health benefits too!
In terms of the purely physical benefits, SUP is a whole-body workout. Increased cardiovascular endurance and stamina hold benefits in everyday life- everything from chasing the kids around on the weekend to walking up the 3 flights of stairs at work will feel a whole lot easier. Any aerobic activity- like Stand Up Paddle Boarding- improves the hearts ability to circulate oxygenated blood and the body’s ability to use oxygen more efficiently. See our article here to appreciate all the health benefits. Health Benefits SUP Blog
- It is super-easy to learn – acquiring skill levels in most sports can be a long and drawn out – not to mention frustrating – process but the nature of SUP allows for a satisfyingly fast learning curve. Even fully signed up members to the ‘I-don’t-do-sport’ group are likely to be pleasantly surprised.
- For all fitness levels – entry into the world of SUP is suitable for those right at the bottom of the fitness pile to those at the peak of their physical ability looking for opportunities to push themselves to the highest echelon of sporting extremes.
- For all ages – From grandchild to grandparent and everything in between – everyone can play. SUP Beginner Guide
- On any body of water – A puddle may be pushing it but otherwise where you see water you can SUP – on the ocean (big waves, little waves or totally flat), rivers, lakes, ponds, estuaries, reservoirs or any other waterway you can think of.
- Solitary or social – An ideal pursuit for those who like some all-for-me time away from everything but equally good for mixing it up with friends, family or other like-minded souls.
- As a complete body workout – Cardiovascular fitness levels, core strength, balance, flexibility, toning of arms, legs and torso – all of this will improve with SUP and is one of the reasons the sport is so popular as a cross-training method.
- You choose what you want it to be – Most sports have an all-or-nothing nature but SUP isn’t like that and can be molded into whatever type of experience you want it to be – from very low level exertion to ultimate work-out.
- You also choose the theme – it can be a meditation exercise, a means of feeding your adrenalin habit, a way to get super-fit, an excuse to get outdoors, for relaxation, to see otherwise inaccessible hidden places of the heart-achingly beautiful variety or…just insert a motive of your own choosing. It all depends on how and in what environments you use your board.
- Fun for free – Once you’ve kitted yourself out with the basics your hours of stand up paddle boarding come free with nature – unless of course you want to use some private waterway.
Our Top 10 Stand Up Paddle Boards
Learn about SUP
Want to learn more about stand up paddle boarding? The posts below will get you started. Whether you’re a newcomer to the sport or an expert paddle boarder, there is always something new to learn. Personally I was fascinated about the history of SUP. You can find the link below.
What is the Best Paddle Board Size that Suits to Your Body Measurements? Paddle Boarding is a rapidly growing sport not only in the US but in other ...READ MORE +
Inflatable Paddle Board vs. Regular Hard Paddle Board Let’s face a dilemma that no one wants to talk about. We are here to help you differentiate ...READ MORE +